Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week #14 Reflection

One thing in Chapter 31 that made me perk up and say “Wow”, was the instructional system called ELM-ART. It is a web-based adaptive interactive textbook. It takes the learners knowledge, preferences, and interests into account when setting up an instructional environment for the individual learner. Talk about differentiation at its best! I love how the program is designed to adapt its instruction to the individual and hopefully, make textbook reading more meaningful and interactive for the students. This is a textbook that I would not have to pull to pull tooth and nail to get my students to read and interact with! Imagine the lessons and activities that I could do if my students came prepared everyday with the necessary background knowledge.


To be honest, I really enjoyed all of the activities. I have learned more about some that I already knew about, like blogs and have discovered some that I never knew existed like Jing. If I had to choose my absolute favorite it would be, well that is just not fair to ask! I will probably use the applications like Google Docs and a blog site the most...although they are not the coolest applications we have played with this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment